19 September 2011

Something for a coming feast

St Michael and All Angels is coming up, and I haven't been able to find a suitable setting of the psalm for that day anywhere.

Here's a little gift for those in the same boat.  I composed this setting of the antiphon a couple of years ago, and it doesn't make me shift with embarrassment after all that time.

The images below are provided for anyone to use, so long as the composer is properly acknowledged.

Full music



Melody for pew sheet



As I didn't compose a tone for the verses (so much to do, so little time!), and because I don't want to get tied up with potential copyright difficulties, you'll have to source a tone in D major and point your own text.  I'd suggest using a tone from the St Meinrad Archabbey, and taking the text for Psalm 138.1-5(-6) from the Psalter of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment