28 October 2010

Something a bit mad

I've been visiting primary schools for the last few weeks as part of the annual recruitment campaign for the Australian Youth Choir.  It's always interesting to see what the policy is in various places about how the children are to address their teachers.  I try to fall in with whatever the prevailing policy is in the school, meaning I go from first name in one place to surname in another.

My name badge says "Dr," which can elicit some interesting responses from the under-10s.  So far I've been asked if I'm a mad scientist, whether I can prescribe drugs, and what sort of a doctor I am if I can't prescribe drugs (what is it about youngsters and drugs these days?!).

The first video below is a spoof, followed by a clip of the exchange that tripped the whole story off.



And here's the original encounter...

No comments:

Post a Comment