05 November 2012

Published!

A few years ago I spoke at a conference about the circumstances that lead the University of Melbourne to decline an invitation to sponsor music examinations by the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music here in Victoria.  The paper was rather playfully titled Resisting the Empire? After the conference I was invited to submit a tidied-up version of my paper for publication.

Well, these things tend to travel the long way round.  The paper ended up being a chapter of my thesis.  I still feel it was one of the stronger chapters; it certainly contributed something that was completely new.  The journey from conference paper to thesis chapter to book chapter brings things full-circle.  It's very exciting to see it finally out in print, although I've still got a little bit of a wait for my copy to arrive.

The book is now published, so to find out more go and visit the page on the Ashgate website.