28 August 2010

Lines that get very old very quickly

So, it's a week on since the graduation.  It all feels very final and settled at last.  I'm finally getting around to writing letters of thanks to various people.

But I have to say that there's one line that's getting very old quite rapidly.  I've lost count of the number of times I've been greeted this week with "Dr Crichton, I presume."

The novelty wore off about halfway through the first person cracking the line.

Perhaps if I was lost in Africa for a while it wouldn't be so bad, but that's a continent I've yet to visit.

I really wish someone would think up a new corny joke for newly-minted doctors...

Still, if you can't beat them -- embed something from youtube.  Here's a couple of Livingstone-inspired tracks.



No comments:

Post a Comment