31 August 2010

Twelve months ago

Today it is twelve months since I submitted my dissertation.  At the time, I thought the examination might drag on for years, having heard a few horror stories.

There's a photo lurking around somewhere in my files of the moment when I signed the declaration in the examination copies of the thesis.  If memory serves, I looked very puffy (result of poor habits in the preceding month) and the camera gave me red eye.  So, puffy with lazer beams...

Now my biggest thesis-related worries are (in order): getting a book chapter off to an editor, getting two more articles together, settling on one of the five suitable projects to do next so I can apply for funding, and whether or not to get my testemur framed.  I've kept the last two rolled up in the filing cabinet, but I suspect this one really ought to be behind glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment